are these decent icons?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by randomdude1234, Aug 28, 2009.

1. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

Ive always had great idea for themes, but ive always had to stop. why? beacuse i SUCK at icons. so im tryin and tryin to make decent icons and i wont stop till i do. Ill ad some later but these are all for themes ive ever had ideas for.

Attached Files:

2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hmm..
    They look Ok..
  3. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

well like, what can i do better? i thought the icon part itself looked goo, but whenever i add text it seems so freaking dull. But anyway what can i do better?
  4. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My first question is why you see a need for text? Atleast for me, it's either just text icons or no text. Second is why you have the blue, why not just photoshop the blue out and make it transparent between text and icon, giving a contrast to whatever your background might be
  5. Pablojrz

Pablojrz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    u need to make ur own glyphs or get them from a resource at macthemes
  6. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    No. Those are not decent icons. Was my comment here not helpful? You need to build your icons on a base. Also, check out this thread. It's what helped me make my first icon. One last thing. If you are starting to learn photoshop, I sincerely urge you to read this. I got it from vipfreak's sig. It is one of the best tools you can learn in photoshop.