Are there any plans for a method of direct printing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Toilet Duck, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OK I'll start by stating up front this is in NO way an iPad hate thread, which there seem to be at least one or two new ones a day at the moment.

To me the iPad is an alternative to a netbook, it has parallel common features and software functionality: battery life, email use, internet browsing, office productivity tools etc etc etc.

But to my knowledge of what's currently missing, one of the big ones is the ability output to a printer to make use of all this. With Apple making a big thing at the keynote about the powerful A4 being able to run an iPad specific version of iWork, it leads one to ponder whats the point of a word processor that cant directly hook up to a printer and run off that document you've been working on? Kind of leaves you with a device that cant replace a PC/Mac untill they sort this out.

So does anyone know whats on the horizon from Apple to fix this? USB socket that plugs into the dock connector at an astonishingly high price? Wifi network print capability? Do nothing and hope no one notices?
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If I remember correctly, someone emailed Jobs about this.

Jobs said something about waiting.
    Your question may be answered tomorrow.
  3. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I shall be watching...