Are there any iPod-usable Circumventors?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FallingBalloon, Jan 22, 2008.

1. FallingBalloon

FallingBalloon New Member

I would really want to be able to circumvent my school's proxies, but since I can't install a circumventor on my school computers, my thoughts naturally turned to using my iPod. I'm sure it's possible... I originally thought of this last year, and thought that maybe I could put my then-current iPod Video (now stolen) into disk mode, and run the program from the iPod's file. The thing is, since I now have an iPod touch, I can't follow through with that plan. This is because, as I'm sure most of you know, the iPod touch lacks the ability to utilize disk mode. I quickly realized the potential for a circumvention application on the iPod. I would GREATLY appreciate any information you guys can share with me.

Here are the specific things I would like to know, although if you don't know the answers to all, that's fine:

#1- Is there such an application?

#2- What is it's name, and is it available via installer?

#3- If it does exist, what are the basics to using it?

#4- Have you personally used it, or have you just read about it?

Thanks a ton for any information you have to offer, I GREATLY appreciate it.
  2. foslock

foslock Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't have a direct answer, but I hope I can help.

I have used this Circumventor in the past, and it works like a charm. What it does, is it routes any web info (access remotely via IP, ex: 192.169.2.1:8000) through your IP, as a proxy.

Just follow the instructions on that site, you'll need a computer somewhere, preferably at home, that will always be on and connected to the internet to install the Apache server, and the program on. What someone should work on is getting that circumventor program onto the iPod, because there are a bunch of programs that already make your iPod it's own server.