Are there any currency or measurement conversion apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Solomon, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Solomon

Solomon New Member

I've tried using Apple's currency converter widget, but the widget app didn't work very well for me. I know that there are web based converters (which I already use), but does anyone know of any conversion apps that I could use even if I don't have a Wifi connection? If not, I guess I can always resort to using the calculator. Thanks in advance.
  2. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

It is apparently possible to use the Stocks app to convert currencies. There should be a tutorial on that around here somewhere. Also, at least the source for Norwegian localized hacks and apps has a patch for modifying the Stocks app into a currency app, but I didn't dare use that as it supposedly overwrite certain universal language files and things like that.

Hoping that such a patch will be made in English. Or an individual currencies app. Or a web app with a direct desktop link. But currently I believe there is nothing.

But I cannot see how it would work without the WiFi connection.
  3. Solomon

Solomon New Member

I know about the stock.app trick, but from what I understand that is for getting an exchange rate not calculating X amount of dollars into X amount of foriegn currencies.
  4. chris2929

chris2929 New Member

I don't believe so as I have looked.
  5. gammada

gammada New Member

There's one now!

It's called Converter and should show up on Installer by now. It's very nice and easy to use. There's a couple of conversion units missing thou.
  6. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

gammada is right.
  7. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I recently downloaded it and have found nothing wrong with it. I can know tell people exactly have many centimeters I am tall!
  8. Solomon

Solomon New Member

I love this app. I'm an american living in Germany, so this app is very helpful. The only thing that I can think of that it is missing are clothing/shoe size conversions (which isn't that big of a deal). This app along with my English-German weDict dictionaries make my life so much easier.
  9. tsinghua

tsinghua Member

Device:
    iPhone
    For currency convertion, will it update the currency exchange rates automatically?
    Converter is a convenient app. I used to use the converter of the babylon dictionary.

The currency exchange rates can be updated manually by tapping the settings icon.
  10. Solomon

Solomon New Member

When you are converting currencies, you can go into setup and refresh the conversion rate. You don't manually enter the conversion rate although I wish that there were an option to do so. If you're on vacation and you convert your money one day, sometimes you want to figure out how much something will cost you at the rate you got for your money (not necessarily the current rate).