Are the XBOX 360 and the IPOD Touch compatable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by katalyst785, Oct 19, 2007.

1. katalyst785

katalyst785 New Member

I had a question for you guys. I recently tried to connect my touch to one of my xbox 360s and it did nothing any other of my past mp3 players would work why not the touch. When I plug it in the portable devices just stays grayed out. Thanks
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I havent tried it but from what i have read... no.
    Sorry.
  3. SteveElbows

SteveElbows New Member

Not tried it myself yet but I imagine it would be fixed in a future xbox360 update, or by apple if its a bug rather than a deliberate change in how syncing works.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have tried it with my friend's XBOX360 and also tried it with my PS3, and confirmed that it doesn't work. Main problem is the fact that the 360 and PS3 can't find the Touch device. I was really hoping that you could use the Touch to play the MP4 files on the PS3, but.... it didn't work. Hopefully someone comes up with some homebrew for it so it will work!
  5. Reece

Reece New Member

I'm not sure but wouldn't this be to do with the lack of disk mode on the touch?
  6. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

ms released a patch for iPods last year. I expect they'll do the same for the touch soon.
  7. KyleK

KyleK New Member

I don't have a touch yet, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured the touch uses the HFS+ file system that OSX uses as well.
    Windows cannot read this file format (never could), so I doubt the Xbox will be able to anytime soon.
  8. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The main thing I'm surmising is disk mode. I believe the 360 was compatible with 5.5G for storage because of it, but Touch... who knows.