Are the 3g screen protectors too big for the 4g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dd_ny, Sep 13, 2010.

1. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know the 4g is slightly thinner and taller than the 3g, but I still have one new screen protector left over from my 3g. Could I still use it, or will I have to cut it down somewhat for it to be the right size when I get my new 4g?

I'm trying to save myself a bit of money on Amazon by just buying a case instead of a case and screen protectors. I wish I could buy from eBay or somewhere else where its cheaper, but all I have right now are Amazon gift cards.
  2. gomugomull

gomugomull New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used my 2G anti-glare screen protector for 4G. The fit is slightly off in terms of length. There will be a mm or two that will not be covered near the top but it's nothing that should raise concerns. I even used a hole punch to get a hole for the front cam. This will have to do until the actual 4g anti-glare is shipped to me.
  3. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When I had my 3g there was a bit near the top that wasn't covered anyways, so this shouldn't make much of a difference. I'll consider getting a Zagg-like screen protector. Thanks for replying.
  4. BigD

BigD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i used a 3g screen protector but it i had to trim the edge and it catches if its in ur pocket which is sorta annoying. go to bestskinsever.com u can get a full body protector for like 9.00 shipped