Are my Headphones Gone for Good?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by Kid Dynomite, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Idk what happen to my headphones but i woke and decided to listen to some music the song The Trooper came on and it was kind of low so i decided to turn up the volume then i realized that the sound was only coming from the left earbud, my right ear bud was not working but i started to turn the headphone jack and it would work for a lil then go back to mono bud if i hold it a ceartin way the sound comes through both buds are my headphones broken?

btw there Griffin Tune buds
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    try someone elses headphones
    if you have the same problem, there is a good chance it is the headphone jack on your ipod causing the problem
  3. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    other headphones work
  4. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well then there is still a possibilty that it is a temporary problem
    i thought my right headphone was blown for a while because it would make the horrible blown speaker clicking sound when i played music too loud and then it just got better

did something happen that maybe could have caused it?
  5. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    um the cord of my right bud got warpped around my desk chair and i pulled it and it tightended thats pretty much it
  6. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    hmm id say thats most likely it but unless you pulled it hard enough to actually seperate the wires inside the cord, that shouldnt have done it

EDIT: I just reread your first post
    spinning the plug in the headphone jack wouldnt help if the wires were broken farther down
    if you are any good at soldering, you could try cutting off the plug and soldering a new one on (not pretty, but much cheaper than new headphones)