Are developers able to jb 3.0 for their personal use?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ha9981, Mar 21, 2009.

1. ha9981

ha9981 New Member

are dev's who have the 3.0 beta firmware for ipod touch able to jailbreak and use it?

im guessing it will be a different method compared to the current ones? like it will have to package differently.
  2. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Of course there using the jailbreak for 3.0 on there personal iPhones and iPod Touch's, they have to beta test some how.
  3. ha9981

ha9981 New Member

r they going to hav to make their own patches and stuff?
  4. King Chronic

King Chronic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah, anyone who is a decent dev and not just some random dude who pirate-bayed the beta would be able to patch it themselves.
  5. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm working on that. But I'm unsure of what I need to apply the patch. I'm testing on an iPT 1G.
  6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not necessarily, since all developers can't really reverse engineer..
    I was able to patch all of the images except the kernel because I can't reverse engineer.
    Even after taking a look at it and finding the function names; Apple has still made enough changes that it's pretty difficult for someone without any experience.
    If I were to contact you or someone else on IRC, would you be willing to help?
  7. matiu

matiu New Member

I Chronic,
    first of all, thank for the great work that you are doing in the jailbreak field.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm a beta tester with the new OS 3.0 installed, and I would test some app on a jailbreaked device with the new firmware.
    Do you think of being able to make a guide on how to jailbreak guide on the new firmware with a suitable patch?
    I have a great need, especially to do some testing with some app that could expand the features the iPod touch 2g bluetooth.
    Hope it'll come,

Please Register or Log in to view images