Are dead/stuck pixels covered by the warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brandon639, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Brandon639

Brandon639 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, recently, I was at an Apple store to drop off my iMac because its hard drive had recently failed on me, and decided I would buy an iPod Touch while I was there.

When I got it home, I found out there was a dead/stuck pixel on the screen, right above where the 4th icon in the dock is. Normally, since the nearest Apple Store is 2 hours away, I would just suck it up and live with it. BUT since I dropped off my iMac, I have to get my dad to take me up there anyways, so I have an opportunity to have my iPod looked at.

So my question is, is a dead or stuck pixel covered by the warranty that comes with the product? I have proof, a time-stamped email, to prove that it was there when I got home and opened it up. From the looks of it, this is pretty popular now...

Thanks for your help!
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh yeah, it is a manufacturer's fault. So it should easily be covered
  3. Brandon639

Brandon639 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I figured that, but wanted to make sure. Apple customer support is probably the best I've ever seen, so I'm not to worried.
  4. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you kidding? Yesterday I spent two hours on the phone with them!

The problem was that I had a malfunctioning Nike+iPod sensor, so I call the number on the nikeplus website. They tell me to call a different number which I do, and once that number couldnt help me, they told me to call the number I had already called. I tell the woman this, and she tells me to call Apple.

I call Apple, and talk to a customer service rep. He tells me I need to call a lvl2 agent. After about a 10 minute wait for the lvl2 agent, she asks me for the serial number on both my iPod and Nike+ sensor. I give them both to her, and she tells me that the serial number on the sensor is not in their database.

The lvl2 agent then forwards me to a products guy who mumbled and I had to tell him to speak up numerous times only for him to start mumbling again.

To the part that I am happy about in my story, he said that he will send me out a box that will take 1-2 days to arrive, I put my old sensor in there, and in 1 week they will send me a new sensor out in the mail. I don't understand why it takes 2 days for the box to arrive, but a week for the new sensor to get back, but so long as a get a new one free of charge, I'm happy.

P.S the sensor that I had was less then a week old.
  5. Brandon639

Brandon639 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, every experience I have ever had with them has been great! Same with any of my relatives, they have only great things to say about AppleCare and support when they talk to them. =/