Are cases made of TPU any good?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dd_ny, Sep 5, 2010.

1. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I like the leather flip cases that fasten with a button (here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Permium...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1283711996&sr=8-13 ), but since they don't have any of those out yet on Amazon that will fit the new 4g, I'm thinking of trying something new.

I could go with silicone, but the cases made of TPU (here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Shining-Prote...ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1283711024&sr=1-5) look a bit flashier and seem to be sturdier. Do they cause scuffing to the back of the iPod at all? This will probably be a temporary case for me, so small cons aren't a deal breaker. Opinions?

Keep in mind that I do NOT want a hard plastic case. I've noticed they scuff the back of the iPod touch. I'm looking for one of rubbery material that is available for order NOW on Amazon (I can only order from Amazon at the moment, no other websites).
  2. KIDSaG

KIDSaG Banned

those are much better than silicone but you will probably see some scratches no matter what case u get
  3. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I had a plastic case on my iPod touch and it caused scuffing. Then I got a leather case and it somehow STILL managed to get scratched. I'm very disappointed with Apple for not changing the backing this time around.
  4. KIDSaG

KIDSaG Banned

yeah man i suggest the invisible shield thing, put that in the front and back as soon as u get it (before any dust is able to reach the ipod) and that would give u the least amount of scratches, i believe its like 20 bucks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechS...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1283713185&sr=8-3
    that is for scratches and if u want something to help if u drop it, then any case would be fine over the invisible shield
  5. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I thought of that, but the reviews for it have been kinda bad. People say it's really difficult to install and leaves a weird feeling on the screen. I wouldn't mind installing it just on the BACK, but it sounds really hard to do and I don't want a headache!
  6. KIDSaG

KIDSaG Banned

it is hard but i had it on my 3g, and there was like no scratches after that, u install it once and thats it, just a headache for 30 minutes but once u have it on its basically scratch proof
    although i am not familiar with that particular company, the invisibleshield was great but they dont have them made for 4g yet so ill wait for that and ill prob use a plastic case for now
  7. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

I personally love TPU cases. Very durable, they won't snap if you drop them, they don't warp under the sun, and they are very nice on the hands!

I recommend the case. I ordered two, one for me and one for a friend, and I'll probably post a review on the case once I've gotten it.
  8. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You recommend what case? Just TPU in general? Or a specific brand and model?
  9. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Right now, those TPU cases you posted are the only ones on Amazon

Please Register or Log in to view images

TPU in general is a good material. There's not really any way they could mess it up

Please Register or Log in to view images

AND, it comes with a screen protector! What an awesome deal.
  10. Cydia707

Cydia707 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yea im really interested in this case, ill probobly try it out