Are all "installers" the same?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Luxlamf, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Luxlamf

Luxlamf New Member

I am running 1.1.4 on my itouch, I downloaded iLiberty and used it to Jail break my device. Its missing many of the apps that I had Last time I did this on a Different iTouch, many of the Apps will Not install, even though I do the "Clear Cache" etc...
    What's the deal? Do different Jailbreaking Programs include different installers?
    If so what is the Best program to use? I was told to Manually download what I need but I am now in a Circle of trying to Install the Apps that make that possible telling me I cannot instal those apps due to them NOT being installed already. How can I install a App if I need the App I am trying to install on the iTouch already to install it?
  2. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    iliberty is probably the best for jailbreaking so i think your right with that but, have you installed community sources? and have you installed BSD Subsystem? i think that might be why you getting the errors
  3. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

Installer 4 is different, it dont work
  4. Luxlamf

Luxlamf New Member

Trying to install BSD sub system is one of the Apps that gives the error" Cannot Install, Need to install BSD Subsystem first" which is now becoming very aggravating.
  5. PanicZone

PanicZone New Member

Try Installing from a different source. It may be a different version or a fake version.
  6. River

River New Member

Are all installers the same??

Hmmmmmm... I dunno... Are all people the same?
    So the reply would be, "No - they are not."
  7. Luxlamf

Luxlamf New Member

Odd but today I Ran the Installer, it said there was an Update, it downlaeded I went back and the THTouch prog was there as well as BSD which installed flawlessly. Odd
  8. EVT

EVT Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no jailbreaking is just getting installer on there so u can download third party applications, some come will cydia though.