Aptbackup restore function bug

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FeverZ, Dec 25, 2008.

1. FeverZ

FeverZ New Member

I got this app on my ipod touch 2.1 firmware, then i tapped restore by accident instead of backup, then i panicked and pressed the sleep button on my ipod, it went to the restore screen( white apple logo in black background)and has been since forever. worst thing is that this happened on a plane when i was on my way to another country for holiday for 2 months, plus i cant restore it cus my comp is thousands of miles away.
    now im stuck with a useless ipod for my whole "holiday" trip which sucks big time.

I suggest they include a function that asks " are u sure u want to restore?" or something similiar to prevent cases like this.

Any help or suggestions are welcome
    bellybutton poopiestien

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. kcp100

kcp100 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont know when this happened, but about a week ago i acciedentally pressed restore just like you, and it said that i had no restore point made yet. so i guess that if you already made one, it wont ask you to restore, it will just do it...

BTW, i cant quit figure out how this app works. if you restore, then wont it erase all your backed up apps??? or does aptbackup store them on a different 'partition' of your pods memory? -- ANY HELP???????