April 2nd??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by nbvikingsidiot001, Mar 30, 2009.

1. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So i was playing around with the new firmware and i was digging around with it unzipped yadda yadda anyways so i was just screwing around and accidently clicked into the file BasebandAudioParameters.c I was about to close it when i noticed in one of the comments the original coder had a path for on his computer to the file where he originally saved it...

you will notice it says April 2nd update I mean I highly doubt a new firmware Thursday but maybe a new beta? I don't know what do u guys think?
  2. keved

keved New Member

I have no idea, but they should front page this.
    It's awesome!
  3. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Haha apparently this developer Chad codes for the iphone on windows xp haha wow
  4. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

a windows computer????
  5. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea kinda funny cuz its C:\Doucuments and Settings... so u pretty much no its windows xp lol
  6. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    probably fake.
  7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    pics and video or its fake. Even then, could still be faked

erm... i HIGHLY doubt he would be making this on a windows pc.
  8. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hey u can find it urself if u have a copy of the 3.0 firmware for iphone 3G you just unzip it then take the 018-4793-1.dmg out of it and use a hex editor to strip the first 64 bytes and then at the end in the hex editor OPES ( you see OPES - delete from there including OPES to the end) then save and then the .dmg will become readable (I had to close the hex editor for it to mount) then while its mounted you will see ramdisk navigate to /usr/local/standalone/firmware/ in the ramdisk and u will find a file named BasebandAudioParameters.c open it with notepad (i have xcode so that opened for me) in this file the first thing u will see is the comment that i copied and pasted above u will also see a bunch of hex references underneath that, that I assume are important for the baseband so... if u really want a video i guess i can make one showing exactly what i did right from the beginning but i kinda dont want to haha but i will if i have to
  9. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    idk why people dont believe him. just go try it yourselves