appstore vs jailbreak

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by berky93, Jul 14, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

based SOLELY on games/apps, which would you consider better: app store or installer. and you can include apps that have been revealed but not released yet as those are officially part of those groups.

I'm not going to state my opinion for this one because I dont want to lean the post one way or another.

and yes I know theres a million threads like this but in every one people say things like "advanced preferences, themes, and ssh" which isnt really fair
  2. kashi_kanashi

kashi_kanashi New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well i say app store because it has the sdk support behind it, not to hate on installer it does have good apps. It would be good if we had both but we can wait for the dev team for that

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. elkeegano

elkeegano New Member

i gotta say jailbreak.. after reading alot of the reviews for all the recent games coming out from the app store, nothing really is making me think of switching.... and also just the principle of it, i would rather branch out and work with all the people that started this idea of expanding the ipod touch with jailbreaking it and designing these awsome games... rather than just using apple copied ideas just to make some more money with trying to steal the glory of jb ur ipod touch and keep everyone undercontrol, and thats my opinion
  4. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

Ahh I think this has been discused to much... but my answer is : Why choose... wait a couple days till you can have both!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    For now, jailbreak. I'll wait a month or two when the app store has more apps, and possibly a jailbroken 2.0
  7. Dtm644

Dtm644 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You should put a poll on this.
    The appstore has a lot better games and some of the better games that are in installer you have to pay for. I think the appstore is better.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The App Store as of now has more Apps than Installer ever had. Just so you know.
  9. Elric

Elric New Member

I absolutely agree 100%

App store, by far. Pretty much the same apps (still free) and other than facebook, STABLE! That makes all the difference in the world!
  10. mcarter7190

mcarter7190 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i would say the appstore because the apps and games are more professionally done and it is growing faster than installer with more and more developers getting approved everyday. there's more incentive to make a good app when it's for $. I think it's unfair to say that the appstore has no good apps because 1) it does. and 2) it's only 3 days old... installer has been around for quite a bit longer.