appstore update: weird

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pidr029, Jun 21, 2009.

1. pidr029

pidr029 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i got this update in my appstore which i never purchase and when i try to update is asking for a password from a different user..its says pwned@yahoo.com which is not mine... any thoughts?
  2. hotcereal

hotcereal Banned

Someone probably tried to sync their apps onto your iPod and didn't log off, or complete the syncing, seeing as the app isn't there.

That or someone is a step ahead of the game and found a way to make your AppStore icon always display a badge.
  3. pidr029

pidr029 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont think so.. no ones uses my ipod but me, and besides my account is also logged in...its the AIM free edition...thanx anyway
  4. james046244

james046244 New Member

Did you pay for the firmware?
  5. pidr029

pidr029 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no, its the free edition and i never downloaded it...
  6. rebel6

rebel6 Member

same broblem here
    it is strange because when you are in safe mode i dont appear only in normal mode but this was also bevore the update i dont know ????
  7. pidr029

pidr029 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmmm....well theres the two of us now.. lol even when u search and install it, it still asking for the password..whew!
  8. xhizore

xhizore New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    I found how to fix on google,
    from the guy name Master

Then suddenly I realized that it was Beejive IM! When I googled "pwned@yahoo.com" the other forums mentioned Beejive, which I had, and was using a patched version to bypass the restriction on jailbroken iPhones. I knew from the moment I clicked the little "X" to delete the app that i had found the problem. The patch obviously had changed something with the AppStore because when I clicked delete it gave me the option to rate the app which only comes up on apps that are purchased (even the free apps), and my copy of Beejive was just a hacked ipa. As for AIM, I think they used the license from AIM to make Beejive work, or it began with the first letter of the alphabet, idk but the update problem is solved now
  9. nazbox

nazbox New Member

There are some Apps that you need to delete to fix the pwned@yahoo.com problem.

I have 3.1.3 JB and i got the message as soon as I installed Mbox mail app.

Try to delete the cracked apps one by one from the IPHONE and then check the APP STORE icon.

The "1" update on the icon will disappear as soon as you delete the right app. No need to restart.

Hope this helps.