AppStore Update Notification

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by samosa, Apr 2, 2009.

1. samosa

samosa New Member

I had recently downloaded the free version of 3D Brick Breaker Revolution FREE and after trying it out deleted it. But now even with it uninstalled and completely deleted off my iPod and iTunes I still get an update for it and it won't go away. I tried rebooting and had no luck. Any ideas?
  2. nashballer

nashballer New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I dont think you can. U download something onto your account it stays. Thats why it asks you for your password when you sometimes download.
  3. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why dont you just update and then delete it again? that way you have the update, but its not on your ipod...
  4. booze lee

booze lee New Member

same problem

i am having the same issue as samosa, except with the free AIM app.

i've tried deleting it off both my ipod touch 2g and itunes on my computer, yet the update notification persists. i've tried downloading it onto the ipod when it says update available even though it's not installed, and it comes up with a blank icon that sits at "loading". however after respringing, the proper app name and icon show up again (and yes this app DOES launch just fine). so i figured i could just delete it and all would be ok. nope...after deleting the app, appstore tells me there is an update available for it again. i've tried removing the app from the ipod with itunes and then resyncing to the ipod and then deleting it again... still comes up with the update notification. i even ssh'd into my ipod and manually deleted the app, but the appstore update notification still won't go away.

i'm wondering if somehow the app is listed somewhere in a prefs file on the ipod, and that is what is causing the appstore to think AIM is still installed on my ipod even though it's not? while the simple solution would be to just install AIM on my ipod and hide it with sbsettings, this isn't really fixing the issue, and thus it will continue to drive me crazy.

anything, anybody?
  5. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You could ssh into mobile/applications/* and see if it's listed