AppStore Prices

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by moosh, Jul 23, 2008.

1. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do the apps seem to change in price often? I'm still on 1.1.4 but i'm wondering whether I should download all the good free apps ahead of time and store them somewhere. Just in case the programmers decide they want to make a buck or two off of it later on. I've seen a few apps go from free to a little fee since app store came out...
  2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. Prices are complete chaos right now, developers didn't know which prise otheres will set. In result we got best flashlight app free but theres lower functional flashlights for 0.99$ ^^' i will take time until all prises will settle.
    2. Developers may change prise anytime :> some ppl complain about prises on reviews, EA's Tetris for example it was 14.99$, after big complaining they lower to 9.99$, so prises may lower after time.
    3.Well all depends on likes, see AppStore by yourself

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

I agree...

Jirbo seems to like to make a little cash off the changing prices of their apps.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

the prices have begun to settle, most of the free apps wil remain free only because that ws their original purpose. or they may be advertisement apps, like the dark knight app and ipint.

also, how did you manage to spell "prices" right the first time, but then spell it "prise" or "prises" every other time?
  5. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    haha

nice.. I just hope they don't take any of the good free apps now and raise the prices to them by the time I decide to upgrade

would it be wise to download them while they're free and store them? thanks guys
  6. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Yeah...the apps will probably keep changing prices until people are happy with them. I am sure apple has heard a lot of people complainign about the price of SMB and Enigmo and there are some $30 apps.
  7. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    there's a dark knight app?
  8. artie1

artie1 New Member

if you look at the quality of everyone elses apps, Jirbo's 99 cent prices are bargains
  9. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Probably, but there is a Republican/Democrat app :X

(No politics wars plox)
  10. random man5

random man5 New Member

Why not??

It can't hurt to download the free apps now because you don't have to pay anything so why not? If the devs start charging for the apps then you've already got them for free or if they stay free then you haven't lost anything. So I think it makes sense to go ahead and download all the free apps you like the look of for now.