appStore on itunes account other than American?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by ljensen, Apr 6, 2008.

1. ljensen

ljensen New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well im really excited about 2.0 and all but im not sure if you need an american account to be able to purchase things from the appStore. i am australian and therefore have an australian itunes account but i noticed that aussie itunes doesnt support anything to do with iphones and ipod touches such as ringtones and the january software update. there has been no sign of aussie itunes accomodating for the ipod touch or iphone and im not sure if it will for the appStore...any info?
  2. droidika

droidika New Member

I'm Canadian and It's somewhat the same here. There is alot of content on iTunes that we get late or don't get at all. Case in point, the recent update to iTunes for renting Movies.
  3. papachango

papachango New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'm in Australia as well and got the January app pack, (when i upgraded to 1.1.4 it gave me the offer)
    From memory, although we don't have access to the rental store, i think i remember seeing something in the movies tab of my iPod about "Rented Movies"
    As for the app store, i don't know what will happen ... you'd think that it would be a world-wide thing??
  4. Bushido

Bushido New Member

let someone from the states buy u a giftcards for the US-Store thats what i always do

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yer, i think it will be world wide! i doubt they would keep something so fenominal to 1 little country of America!

Im in Aus to!!!
  6. Niiro13

Niiro13 New Member

My guess is that it will have a slight delay (just like the iTunes update and January pack? =/)

But other than that, I don't think the AppStore will just be in the US...all they really need to do is to set conversion rates and stuff =/.

And last I checked from the SDK event, it was gonna be international (someone asked Steve Jobs at the end...after the event was over)
  7. ilikemonkeys

ilikemonkeys New Member

I'm Canadian to! I can still rent movies and buy movies/tv show by using US gift cards. I recommend people do that if they want there movies. Thats the problem, Canada has a big piracy industry but they wonder why. We can't purchase any content so we are forced to go to *******s and stuff, besides the fact that its not illegal lol.
  8. Antney1234

Antney1234 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Im Canadian too! I hope the Appstore comes to Canada.If the January Software Upgrade did they mabye the Appstore will too! We will have to wait

Please Register or Log in to view images