appstore games and prices

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by trejo818, Jul 4, 2008.

1. trejo818

trejo818 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so i've been watching a whole bunch of videos about the appstore games and they really make me want to consider upgrading from 1.1.4 but i also read about the prices for these games which all seem to be $9.99. i currently have 28 games on my ipod and if i had to pay $9.99 for each of them that would be about $280 and looking at these appstore games i would probably buy every single game they have in there, they're that cool. i think a lot of people are going to spend hundreds of dollars on these games because i'm sure no one will only settle for 2 or 3 games with all these awesome titles. count up all the games you have on your iphone or ipod and do the math and see how much you might end up paying for games from the appstore and ask yourself, do i really want to pay this much? im personally going to wait and see if people will find ways you crack them and put them into installer or something because im not going to spend more money on games than i did for my ipod.
  2. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I 100% agree

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    interesting theory, but dont forget that there will probably be plenty of free ones as well. but we'll just have to wait and see. im upgrading though. i've had to replace my ipod before so i dont wanna risk jailbreaking :/
  4. bodi_dillon

bodi_dillon New Member

as if the games would be $9.99. apple is stupid enough to do that. the games at the most would be 9.99 but at the least free and 1.99
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just to clear something.

Prices on Apps (Games included) are set by Developers of the Applications. Not Apple.

Considering most games you have are Crap, the games you'll now get will be more full featured and have a lot more content.

It's basically like owning a DS or PSP or Gameboy. Those games costs 3 - 4 times more, yet you don't complain about those?
  6. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Im not buying 28 games immediatly just cause I can. Its gotta be a game I know I'll like and I'll buy them over months times
  7. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm gonna upgrade and probably jailbreak as well, since I can't live without my gameboy4iphone!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, I'll definitely buy Super Monkey Ball, and there's a cool racing game I saw in the iPhone3G guided tour that looks pretty cool. It might be hard to play, but you never know!
  8. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I hope you didn't count roms that are not iPod/iPhone games in first place ;p also games from JB will likely be free in AppStore ;p

As Teslanaut said all depends on developers decision, if you don't like it blame them not Apple, and know that console owners pay more for games
  9. buddy39914

buddy39914 Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yea iptf will have to be erased all those themes, emulator, game relases forums will be nno use when the new version comes out because most people will upgrade (including me)

<ontopic> yes as testlanaut said prices are not set by apple 70% of apps will be free (lol i will have like 10 pages on my ipod touch)
  10. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

I'm sorry but the ipod touch is like neither of those console you mentioned, you could argue it is somewhat like a gameboy but it's certainly no DS or PSP. And no i'm not on about graphics, i'm on about content, excluding super monkey ball none of those games feature even a small percentage of the depth a PSP game has... Don't believe me? Spore for DS: feature heavy, Spore for iPod Touch: Features, but not anywhere near the same amount. This is why i believe they can constitute pricing games 3-4 times less. Also take into account it is a mobile game even apple have described it that way themselves at the WWDC, which is yet another reason why the games are nothing like psp or ds.