AppStore DRM Fairplay Update

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by dycacian, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dycacian

dycacian New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, most of the people waiting for the 2.0 jailbreak were hoping that Premium AppStore games would work with no DRM checks on the actual device.
    Well I've been doing a little bit of tinkering, and think I've found a way to disable DRM and Fairplay on the actual device.

By SSH'ing into my JB 2.0 ipod touch, and then pulling up a list of active processes using "ps auwwx" there is a process running from /usr/sbin/fairplayd
    I've attempted to kill this service, but its kept alive. I'm not that great with working behind ssh, so i'm not too sure if there is any way of disabiling the service from the terminal.
    But I'm almost convinced that if we terminate Fairplayd, then there will not be any DRM checks done when running modded applications.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

And we will never know because we do not tolerate piracy on this forum. If you want to do that, go elsewhere. The internet is a big place, surely you'll find company.

If you mention attempting to pirate on this forum again, you will be permanently banned from accessing this forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.