APPSTORE APPS CRASHING ISSUE - Final Discussion

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by pedrohbr, Aug 9, 2008.

1. pedrohbr

pedrohbr New Member

Ok, guys.

So... I've spent my whole day trying to find a way to solve this HUGE problem on both firmware 2.0 and 2.0.1 (yup, they didn't fix it).
    What happens is that 90%+ or even ALL my apps got from AppStore simply don't open. When I click them, they just open the default screen and I get back instantly to my home screen.

This is happening to hundreds of people with any firmware version (jailbroken or not) and any device (ipod, iphone 1/2).

No one found yet a way to solve that permanently.
    Deleting all the apps and reinstalling, restoring from a new and fresh firmware, reauthorizing iTunes on the machine... ALL OF THEM DON'T WORK FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE OF DAYS. The apps just stop working again. Paid or free apps, they won't open.

People spent HOURS (even days) on the phone with Apple Customer Care and they didn't know even what was happening... they had no suggestions about what to do.

SO, WHAT SHOULD WE, MORTAL JEWFISHES, DO ABOIT IT?
    Discuss about it, and post anything useful.
  2. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have had this issue and after trying almost every method offered here and on hackint0sh I've found that my only viable solution is actually restoring from scratch. However, it seems to be the result of a bad install or even a system crash from old Apps. The only method I haven't tried that I've seen recommended here is to manually delete the App that didn't install correctly and reboot in the hopes that it will kick back in... On a positive note, a developer is attempting a fix to the installation process that SpringBoard currently runs. Maybe it will stop this app problem from happening... but hard to say if you ask me.
  3. pedrohbr

pedrohbr New Member

Really, this is so bad.

It's the third time I restore my iPod today. I can't take it anymore, lol...
    I am getting really crazy about that.
  4. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Same here... I nearly flung my iPhone across the room earlier, lol... it seems to be fine now, but it's ridiculous to be afraid of installing anything lest the system go berserk...
  5. xFinch713x

xFinch713x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its weird to me that so many people are having this problem... because this has happened to none of my applications. not a single time, free, nor paid for. hope they fix it though so no one has to worry about it.
  6. andydam

andydam Banned

Same here.
  7. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think reinstalling/restoring should fix it but I've had this problem before. Turned my iphone off for the rest of the night. Everything started working in the morning. Just give it some time.
  8. Afnisk

Afnisk New Member

I have the same problem even after restoring, plus it doesn't find any music in my iPod. It's very annoying.
  9. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    After doing a DFU restore to a clean 2.0.1 firmware and then DFU restoring to an Pwned 2.0.1 firmware this problem has stopped happening to me in so far as my music being inaccessible like in Afnisk's case and Apps no longer opening. Someone on the DevTeam told me the problem sounded like there was some kind of permissions error, and then another person (not on the DevTeam) asked me if I'd clean restored or not - it seemed to be causing all my woes.

My iPod will still freeze occasionally when I install a thing or two through Cydia, but at least now I can get it to boot after hooking it up to my computer and just letting it keep trying to connect through two reboot cycles.
  10. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    i have same problem, 10th restore in 2 days, gf apple?