AppStore Application Updates Tab... (within Ipod)

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by AudioAltima, Mar 2, 2009.

1. AudioAltima

AudioAltima Member

Device:
    iPad
    I saw some similar threads on this, but none have been answered yet. I've had this problem since version 2.0. Sometimes it will show updates available, and other times it won't. Currently I should have updates available. Last time I checked, I have 12 or so... I was in a rush, so I decided to update them later when I had time. The little notification remained on the the appstore icon as it usually does, even when I was outside a wifi network. Got home turned wifi on and opened the apps store once again. Clicked on updates, and now it shows none available. Strikes me as weird, since I have apps, which I know there are updates available for.

The problem fixes itself after I do a firmware update (at least it as after each previous update). Although there has got to be another solution apart from going this route. Could the problem be within the ipod, or possibly within my routers port settings, maybe not allowing access to the update information? (would be weird, since sometimes it works... also the rest of the appstore funcntions properly.). Have also made sure that the ipod is logged in (with username and password, still no luck).

I'm running a non-jailbroken firmware.
  2. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine usually shows too many updates, like old ones...
  3. Otisbum

Otisbum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can't remember if this is what worked for me or not, but try trapping on the Updates tab while you're already in it, and it should refresh. If it does but it's still not correct, give it a few more tries and it should fix itself.
  4. DrMonkey

DrMonkey New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Same thing happens with me. Just refresh it by double tapping the update tab. If it's 1 or 2 new updates, it's probably legit.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I actually kind of find this useful in case I forget to check what the update does. =P