Apps won't work, any clues.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ned Wobmit, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Ned Wobmit

Ned Wobmit New Member

Hey guys, completed a successful jailbreak last night and put a few of the 3rd party apps on which all work great. I then tried sticking the Mail, Weather, Stocks etc... apps on and they went on great too, but when I start them up the don't do anything. The apps actually do start but then shut down after 10 seconds. The weather app is blank, the notes is blank and can't except input and the mail is blank to!!!!

I have tried several different N45AP files but it ain't that, and I remembered to change the permissions to 755 as per the Ultimate Guide on this site but it aint working!!!!!

Any clues??
  2. jonnyd

jonnyd New Member

I'd still say it was permissions, as what you describe is exactly what happens when they're wrong.

I found some sftp apps can still be a bit flaky even if you do a recursive change. Try going into the actual directory and selecting all the files, changing to 755, rather than just a recursive change on the directory itself.

It took me a few trial and errors to get mail, maps and notes working, even after I thought I had changed all the permissions correctly.
  3. moveteam

moveteam New Member

Think the same, otherwise watch 'ipodtouchmasters' YouTube video tutorials, they're great, and very easy to follow - also for Danes

Please Register or Log in to view images