Apps won't work after syncing!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by t1nk3rb3llfan, Sep 9, 2009.

1. t1nk3rb3llfan

t1nk3rb3llfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This has probably been asked before, but after I plugged my iPod onto my comp, my apps show up on my iPod screen,but when i try to use them, they will pop up and go back to main screen a second later.What do I do?
  2. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried restoring, and trying again?

Are you jailbroken?
  3. t1nk3rb3llfan

t1nk3rb3llfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not jailbroken,but I have tried restoring,and it still won't open apps.I am a noob at this,honestly don't know what jailbroken is,does,what software to use, or any issues about it, tho' I will read forums about it,and learn more.
  4. speedy1979

speedy1979 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I had that problem at first too. In my case it was due to my computer not being authorized; I assumed my computer was authorized because I was able to sync and download music but it wasn't. Just click on Advanced then authorize this computer.
  5. lancedalot

lancedalot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Apps won't work after syncing

I have the same problem as t1nk3rb3llfan with an iTouch just purchased (not jailbroken). It would sync and play music and videos but not the free or paid for apps. The apps pop up but then go back to the main screen.

My computer is authorized. I upgraded to iTunes 9. I restored 4 times through iTunes and on the Touch, reset all settings several times. I unchecked some apps to see what happened and these did not synch but did synch when I rechecked them.

This is my 3rd iTouch in 3 weeks. The first one's battery lasted a maximum of 2 hours playing just music. I was recharging 2-3 times a day. Returned to Costco. The second one shorted as soon as I plugged the headphones in and the volume buttons and headphone jack never worked again. It was also very warm. Returned to Costco.

Now #3 and the apps do not work. Return to Costco? Shouldn't these things be plug n'play? How do I get the apps to work?
  6. bryster126

bryster126 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Bring it to apple.period.period.period.lol(period).
  7. lancedalot

lancedalot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Many thanks bryster126 but there is no Apple store close to me and it is much easier to return to Costco and get another new one; I could do it all day.
  8. lancedalot

lancedalot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thanks for the phenomenal response everyone (LOL). I managed to connect with a friend of a friend of a friend who works for a local games developer and who claims he can 'jailbreak' a Touch in minutes and use it to land a 747 but even he was unable to get the apps to play. I returned Touch #3 this morning.
  9. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This was happening with me, and still does happen, whenever I sync, and/or delete movies onto and off of my iPod Touch 2G (2.2.1).

What usually fixed it, was downloading a free app off of the iPod App Store, and then re-opening all of the broken applications before deleting the free app you downloaded.

Recently this happened again after putting District 9 Onto my iPod, and after taking it off after I had watched it. - This has left me in a stuck position, as the usual fix isn't working, and I need to re-sync them all over, but all the App versions have changed for 3.0 D:

So basically, I'm being forced to upgrade.
    ):