Apps won't open, i tried everything

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by eaglering, Aug 23, 2009.

1. eaglering

eaglering New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know there are already a bunch of threads about this problem. But I've tried everything. If I try to start a downloaded app, the screen will go black like its about to start, and then I'll get sent back to the menu. When this first started I would simply delete and redownload one app, and that would fix them all. But now its seems I have to delete them all to fix it. I've done the hard reset, and I've done the restore in iTunes, and it still does it. And its really getting annoying. Any help?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't quite get what you mean "when i try to start a download app" You are buying your apps from the AppStore right? If not then thats your problem. Also I would update to 3.0 if you haven't already and use redsnow to jailbreak, if you jailbreak your device.
  3. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ He IS on 3.0, and why would he need to jailbreak? That wouldn't solve his problem.

If you've completely restored your iPod and it's still not being fixed, make sure you're not restoring from a backup so it's completely clean.
  4. eaglering

eaglering New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this is the first time I ever restored it. I guess it wiped it clean. I just clicked "restore" in iTunes and let it go. Is there anyway I can check to make sure it really did wipe it?
  5. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do a DFU (device firmware upgrade) restore

In other words click on the DFU link in my sig, and once you are in click the restore button