Apps with wrong icons!?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by wizardofodd, Jul 3, 2009.

1. wizardofodd

wizardofodd New Member

Hi, I jailbroke my 3.0 iPod Touch (1st Gen) the other day and it all works fine. However, since then, new apps I download don't seem to have the correct icon on the springboard menu! They just borrow icons off existing apps. For example, I have Doom Ressurection with the Fanstastic Contraption icon, I have Real Tennis 2009 with the Rolando icon etc etc.

Any ideas!?

Thanks!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ah ok, after a bit of investigation through Google it seems LOADS of people are having this problem.

Poor show, Apple!!
  2. Greggyfoote

Greggyfoote New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah got the same problem mate, bought rolando 2 last night, rebooted my iphone as adviced and now it has the icon of "cookie bonus solitaire" wtf? i hope it gets fixed =/
  3. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do you have any themes installed? and do you have winterboard?
    if you dont then theres a solution, but it would be really annoying
    every time you install an app just find the icon online and make a theme that has all the correct icons then apply. you shouldnt need to do this though...
  4. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

Hmm I havnt had this problem at all. I have a theme installed too. Lucky me I guess.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, are you saying it is Apple's fault that your icons got messed up? That is totally wrong. That only happens after you jailbreak, and guess what? Apple doesn't support jailbreaking.
    To fix the problem, you have to turn on a theme then turn it off. That should be all you have to do.
  6. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Actually, this happened on my friends iPhone 3GS that hasn't been jailbroken. It's a 3.0 bug.