Apps Store on 1.1.5

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Zavonn, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was just wondering if it was possible to hack the apps store onto the 1.1.5. I jailbroke the 1.1.5 version of the ipod touch versus the 2.0 version since I heard the jailbreak would be more stable on 1.1.5, but now I'm a little envious at the 2.0 apps store applications and want it on my 1.1.5 version... Is there any way to get the apps store on 1.1.5, and if not, is it safe to jailbreak 2.0 yet? Also, is there a way to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.5 (if it is safe to jailbreak 2.0) WITHOUT losing all your data?

Yep, thanks, since I'm a noob and all.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

No, you cannot have App Store apps on 1.1.5

No, your 1.1.x apps would not work on 2.0 if you backed them up and put them on again.

Yes, jailbreaking 2.0 is very safe.

No, you cannot jailbreak 2.0 from 1.1.5 without losing data.
  3. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lol, you've just predicted exactly what all the noobs would say!

And to add to a bit of what he said, you could download firmware 2.0 from *Cough*certain places*Cough* but since Bgizzle doesn't like it, I shan't go into detail about certain sites...

Currently, the only way to jailbreak 2.0 is using QuickPwn, Pwnage, or Winpwn which basically prove that much debated fact that Zibri is not coder. I mean, come on all you Zibri fans, if Big Z was really such a brillient guy that he found the ramdisk exploit all by himself, don't you think he would have released a newer version of Ziphone earlier than this? I know he said that he's working on it but...we'll see...
  4. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the info! And I have found the "certain" places to download the firmware, but the servers are just too slow (either that or my broadband connection is) and it keeps on freezing (and there's no way I'm going to pay $10 for a premium account because that would defeat the purpose of getting 2.0 for free) ...
    So here's another noob question that I need answered: Is it possible to use fwchanger to change my firmware tag to 2.0 (which is possible) and then hit restore tricking itunes to think that I already have 2.0 and have it restore to 2.0 for free?
    And if that doesn't work, do bit ******* downloads work well for downloading the 2.0 firmware?
    Thanks lots.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well, you can disregard my earlier comment, since I already got the 2.0 software, but now I have a new problem...After successfully upgrading to 2.0 (free) I cannot connect to the itunes store nor can I connect to the internet. I have an established connection with my wifi (the wifi "waves" are there and in the settings it says that it is connected) but when I try to access any wifi application it does not work.

So, any suggestions?