apps store apps crash but not jailbroken apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by frightenedcow, Jan 4, 2009.

1. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so why is it that all my app store apps crash when i try to open them but not my jailbroken ones? im on 2.2 jailbroken. all of the app store apps that i have downloaded stopped working after i jailbroke.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    so any one gona help?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Unsync all of the App Store apps via iTunes and sync them back on one at a time.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    could also be a memory issue... try Jarlath's suggestion first and then monitor your memory if the apps are still crashing, especially if you are using high load graphics games from the Appstore... SBSettings shows free memory and you can 1) kill background apps by holding the home button for 5 secs and 2) restart your device (either power off and power on or hard reset by holding home and power simultaneously until you see the Apple logo). Hote that certain apps are memory hogs - Intelliscreen is a killer and Winterboard uses up memory and cpu resources as may other widgets and system hacks.
  4. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i restored and rejailbroke. i downloaded a test game from the app store and it works. gona keep getting apps and jailbrake things to see if it happens again.