Apps stopped working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aced6, Apr 22, 2010.

1. aced6

aced6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just this morning I was playing Plants vs. Zombies - and was winning - but now I can't seem to open ANY app on my iPod. Right around the lunch hour I tried to play Warpgate and the loading screen appeared, then closed. When I press the sleep/wake button, my iPod takes 5 seconds to respond. When I slide to unlock, it takes just as long with the slider stuck at the right side. WHAT HAPPENED? I have been noticing my screen flashing blue recently, but I think this is an alert from Intelliscreen.

Respringing has had no effect, same with Safe Mode. I am reluctant to restart my iPod in the event it never boots again.

Downloading an app from the app store has not resolved the issue.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    OKAY PANIC TIME!
    When I plugged in my iPod, the mouse turned off and Windows 7 froze. A moment later the "Installing device driver software..." for an "UnknownPrinter" (without the space in between the words). iTunes opened up (I told it not to when I plug in my iPod) and said it "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "" because an error occurred during reading from the device". WHAT HAPPENED??? (I seem to be having a bad day...)
    While the driver was installing, the battery icon changed from charging to normal, and back to charging. I'm really concerned for my device that is 2 weeks out-of-warranty.
  2. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Don't panic

Please Register or Log in to view images

Simply restart your device and it should be fine. This happened to me and a restart fixed it. You can always fall back on DFU mode to restore your device.
  3. paintball25x

paintball25x New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is what you need to do. This has happened to me many many times. I'm guessing you are jailbroken. Well it seems to do this when I don't restart my iPod for a while.(weeks or so) You need to just shut your iPod off. Don't worrie, you will get a connect to iTunes logo..Plug your iPod into your computer. if iTunes pops up just close it. next re-run blackra1n. This will not harm any jailbreak data you have. It will just simply do a reboot and not a rejailbreak. You will be back to your apps again.
  4. aced6

aced6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm... This seems to have fixed itself over night. I left it alone and it worked this morning. If it ever happens again, I'll just simply reboot. Thanks for the help, though!