Apps space on 2.0 jailbroken

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by paperless, Jul 23, 2008.

1. paperless

paperless New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So, i installed osx on my PC just to run pwanage and pwn my iPod Touch.

Everything went fine but later on when i wanted to have "unlimited" space for apps (by unlimited i mean the limit of the iPod touch total capacity) and had to do a symbolic link from /Applications to private/var/mobile/Applications i got into some trouble.

The folder /Applications was already there but WinSCP just kept telling me it didnt exist, i would be able to open it but i wouldnt see anything inside it.

I figured id delete it and make the link.

After that i lost all the default iPod touch apps and even cydia so i was forced to restore back to 2.0.

I probably did something wrong, i just hope someone can help me figure out what.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You have to copy the folder, THEN, delete it and make the link.
  3. paperless

paperless New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But if i copied it all i would copy would be an empty folder, winscp kept telling me it didnt exist or whatever and it looked empty to me (/Applications).
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Just leave it at 500 MB, and then update Cydia after JB'ing. It automatically symlinks the Applications folder to /private/var/stash.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That would be the best way to go, as automatic solutions work best for the masses.
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

^.^

Why explain to people how to do it themselves when they can already have it done? It's the reason BossTool was created.