Apps problem - not synching to my Touch

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by kapoc, Nov 24, 2008.

1. kapoc

kapoc New Member

Hi all, you've probably all seen this request before but i'm new to this and haven't been able to find this info yet :-(
    For some reasons, apps i've installed are not synching to my ipod touch. They are in my itunes apps folder, ticked and ready to transferred, but no matter what i do, and how many times i synch, they do not transfer.
    This is after a rebuild of my PC by the way - i did have loads of stuff stored in my itunes - films, tv, photo's, apps and when i rebuilt the PC i thought they were all saved to my itunes - alas no, when i re-installed itunes it was back to the bare bones (i.e. only the things i'd purchased from itunes, not the other downloaded stuff). that was annoying. :-(
    Any ideas???
    By the way - what does "jailbroken" mean?

Thanks all.
  2. Veovis Muad'dib

Veovis Muad'dib New Member

Apple has a tight leash on iPhone/iPod developers, they aren't allowed to make things that Apple doesn't like. Jailbreaking lets you use apps that Apple doesn't like. About the only useful thing jailbreaking does now is allow you to skin and theme your iPod/iPhone.

By "ticked and ready to be transferred", do you mean you clicked on your iPod's name on the left panel, chose the Apps tab, and then ticked every app you want, as well as made sure that "Sync applications" was also ticked?

If so, I can't really help without physically being there, but maybe someone else here has had that problem and can help.

If not, try it.
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

try, instead of individually ticking apps, tick the box that says sync all apps. then sync your ipod. otherwise, try restoring your ipod, and go to help:check for updates to see if itunes can be updated on your computer.
  4. Lilly34

Lilly34 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    apps not wanting to sync in ipod touch

hi,
    I'm new here.I just got my 32gb Ipod Touch for Valentine's Day from my husband & I love it but today I noticed that some of the apps that I was trying to sync weren't syncing & also when I'd click on one on the ipod it would act like it was going to it then go back to the app screen - that I haven't figured out yet but what I have is about the apps not syncing - on your ipod itself,click on the App Store icon & find the app you want from there & sync it to it that way, don't try to do it online in itunes. I hope this helps everyone who was having the same prob & I am so glad I found this forum to help with all these new & exciting tech gadgets

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Wasd

lol, i had same problem, all u have 2 do is go onto the top few drop bars - file,edit,view,controls,store,advanced,help. click on store and then click on authorize this computer

u should have an itunes acc b4 doin dis however and an internet connection

)
    happy christmas everybody

)))))))