apps on 1.1.4 without jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by matchbox, May 4, 2008.

1. matchbox

matchbox New Member

i saw a thread on here for downloading them to my ipod without jailbreaking, but it was for 1.1.3 i tried it on my 1.1.4 and it didn't work. is it possible to get them on my 1.1.4 without jailbreaking please?
  2. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah there is- you pay the 20$

IDK how you get any file in w/ out root access
  3. Mikelx215

Mikelx215 New Member

Why don't you want to Jaibreak? It's easy, free, there are literrally hundreds of apps and if something goes wrong, you can erase everything back to factory default with iTunes.

If you damage your iPod a proform a restore, they won't have reason to suspect you voided your warrenty or any legal method of proving you did.
  4. EvanTDM

EvanTDM New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the only reason i can see doing this is for the Map "locate Me" feature to work properly but that's it. and btw lately it has been locating me. just about a couple hundred feet away but still

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. sonofacpu

sonofacpu New Member

Mmm, you can jailbreak first, it will install the apps and make iTunes believe you have paid for the upgrade, then restore to 1.1.4. You'll have the apps, and no jailbreak.
  6. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    It doesn't work that way. And iTunes won't have any knowledge if you DO install the JSU
  7. sonofacpu

sonofacpu New Member

It worked for me, at least. My iPod came with FW 1.1.2, I upgraded to 1.1.3, jailbreaked with ZiPhone, and I had the apps installed. Afterwards, I had a problem and restored my iPod, then upgraded to 1.1.4, and I had the apps without jailbreaking. If you know why that happened, I'd like to know... iTunes does detect if you have the apps, it says FW Version: 1.1.x (with applications upgrade) [Rough translation, my iTunes is in Spanish], if you don't, it just shows the FW version.
  8. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Do you restore from back up, or make new ipod?
  9. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

well b i have had the locate me feature working on every jailbreak, makes you really wonder if all the ipod and iphones are alike internally cause some people have more problems than others.
  10. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I've dropped mine several times, could that be affecting things lol?

WHOOP WHOOP 400 posts XD