Apps of the Week

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Appman, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

I wanted to start an Apps of the Week segment a while ago, but didn't have enough time. So now, hopefully I can pump one of these out every week or every other week. I am sorry for the lack of screenshots in this weeks segment, I will improve the graphics in the following and there will be anywhere from 3 to 6 apps reviewed each time. This segment is just meant to give out 3-5 top apps and a short description of each. Click on the app's title to view in iTunes. Enjoy!

1. Battery Life Pro - All-IN-1
    By Kdan Mobile Software LTD
    Category: Utilities
    Price: Free for a limited time.

This app is by far one of the most detailed battery monitoring apps in the AppStore. It give you tips on how to maintain your battery and many other neat features such as a battery log, which graphs your battery's percentage changes; a power saving mode, and many different themes to choose from. It also estimates the battery time left depending on what you are doing. And for a limited price tag of $0.00 its one of the best deals out there.

2. Split/Second
    By Disney
    Category: Games (Racing)
    Price: $6.99

One of the most exciting racing games out there, Split/Second's main theme is using the "city as your weapon". You use "Power Plays" to blow things up along the race course and wrecking your opponents. Strategy and timing is a must in this game as you never know what may happen. There are 3 game modes: Season, Quick Play and Multiplayer. Overall, its one of the most action packed racing games out there, with amazing graphics (especially on the newer devices.)

3. Ultimate Guitar Tabs
    by Ultimate Guitar USA, LLC
    Category: Music
    Price: $1.99

For those of you who play guitar and want to try new songs, this app is for you. This app provides you with guitar tabs and chords for over 300,000 different songs and for either regular guitar or bass guitar. The UI is very nice and easy to navigate. The autoscroll feature and the portrait and landscape modes make this app amazing. The advanced search is very detailed with many options to find exactly what you want for the guitar you have.

4. Ragdoll Blaster 2
    by Backflip Studios
    Category: Games
    Price: $0.99 (Limited Time only)

This game is the the sequel to the original Ragdoll Blaster. Some noticeable additions in the sequel are the ragdoll "voices", multiple cannon switching, improved graphics and gameplay and the levels are set up amazingly. The graphics in this game are definetly a step up from the first ragdoll blaster and make this game more appealing. This game also has an award center for certain things you have completed throughout the game. The objective however is still the same: to shoot the ragdolls and hit the target.
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the reviews. I would really like to see this happening for this site. Since the weekly rewind stopped after article 2 this could make up for it.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Great reviews!
  4. Appman

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks guys!

I will be improving the quality of everything as time goes on. So it will get better

5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is better then the MR team that we had.
  6. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    This is great! Good work!
  7. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I love this! Except I don't think Split Second should be up there. Terrible controls, gameplay, and overall it's not fun. That's just my opinion though.

8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Pretty cool, awesome job. If you need suggestions for games/app, let me know!
  9. Appman

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  10. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Nice reviews. I like this idea. You even convinced me to go and download a few to try them out.