apps not authorized

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by ajsnow6234, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ajsnow6234

ajsnow6234 New Member

hi guys and girls
    I Have been attempting to download Free apps from the APP store and i Keep getting the following error:
    The application "XXXXXX" could not be synced with your Ipod because they are not authorized for this computer.

I get this on everything, One that i paid for, and several that I have downloaded from the free apps section. I thought that it might have had something to do with my Ipod Touch being Jailbroken, so I restored it back to 2.0.1 and factory settings as a new ipod. Still the same error on Syncing. Any ideas? I've googled some stuff but i cant find a similar error
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    The only time it says that is when you try to sync someone else's .ipa they gave you if thats not the case then i would email apple to resolve
  3. ajsnow6234

ajsnow6234 New Member

Yeah that's weird, because seriously, I downloaded straight from Itunes, then click sync and it won't work. I can however download via wifi on the app store, via the ipod. It's just easier to browse and look at stuff through itunes
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Do you have multiple iTunes accounts maybe that could be it your downloading from a different account on iTunes than the one you download from on your iPod. Did that make sense LOL.
  5. Freegoo

Freegoo New Member

I had this happen when I "upgraded" to Vista. Had to authorize my computer in the store menu. Try authorizing your computer and see if that fixes it.
  6. ajsnow6234

ajsnow6234 New Member

Yeah, I wish it was that easy, but i only have the one account. Thanks for the help though.

Hmmm... Well interestingly enough i was using the account on another laptop with XP and now have a new laptop with Vista. I haven't used the Ipod Touch on the old laptop though, so i'll try registering it and see what happens. Thanks
  7. bob12345333

bob12345333 New Member

do you have multiple computers?
  8. ajsnow6234

ajsnow6234 New Member

I authorized my laptop and it worked....THANKS
  9. sapp.

sapp. New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Freegoo
    I had this happen when I "upgraded" to Vista. Had to authorize my computer in the store menu. Try authorizing your computer and see if that fixes it.

how do you authorize your computer
    where is it on th store menu??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    how do you authorize your computer
    and where is it on the store menu??
  10. kmalino66

kmalino66 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i cant even get in the app store