apps keep closing

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SiN Altr Ego EL, Apr 26, 2009.

1. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok.. so here is my deal.. i have the iPhone SMS and Phone apps on my ipod touch. i have them in the correct folder..

/applications

i have tried multiple permissions...

0777,0775,0755. none have worked..

these apps keep on closing out. they will open, hang for about... 4 seconds, and then close. the same goes for a mobilesite app that is for my website. it keeps on closing aswell... same permissions set to the previous 3, and nothing

i have rebooted, and resprung after each of the permission changes.. to no avail.. any help?
  2. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    dude that happened with me too... look if u RLY want a phone on ur ipod i suggest u get Siphon. All u need is a SiP-VoIp server which is easy to find, as for the SMS, i suggest u get "Free SMS Text". The Siphon is from Cydia, and Free SMS Text is from the app store. I think the ipod doesnt like iphone apps that much. Enjoy! EDIT::
    Also, u can change the icons of the siphon and the sms app. Just get the icon from phone.app and the sms icon from sms.app.
  3. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    oh trust me, i already know about siphon and the free sms thing.. i'm not really using it as a phone, and i already have multiple free sms apps. i'm doing it for show. i really would like the dialer to at least stay open so that i could dial... just for show of course. i'm not a n00by kinda guy trying to show off. i'm a dev... a newer dev..but a dev none the less. i actually understand a lot of tech stuff about the ipod. so... i am going 2 get siphon just because i would like the free calls and stuff.. but other than that... i'm just putting the phone.app and sms.app apps on there for show. i also have the camera app too. i had to edit a .plist file in the ipod itself in order to get those on there... but yeah.. thanks for trying to help anyways...
  4. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You're funny.
  5. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G

yeah and ur nub..