Apps (itunes and cydia) don't show up after 2.2 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by areo, Nov 27, 2008.

1. areo

areo New Member

I upgraded my jailbroken 1st gen ipod touch 1st from 2.1 to 2.2. While on 2.1, I was using "Categories".

After the jailbreak, all of the apps that were in Categories don't show up on springboard. According to itunes they are installed. I have tried removing and reinstalling them but that did not work.

Some apps installed via Cydia don't show up on springboard as well. VLC shows up but MxTube and TuneWiki do not. After ssh-ing into the device, I noticed that these directories had different permissions than VLC. I matched the permissions but that did not help.

The first time I jailbroke, I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 then used QuickPwn. The second time, I restored to 2.2, restored settings from itunes backup then jailbroke. I guess one way would be to restore to 2.2 and set it up as a new ipod, but I would like to avoid doing that. Is there an easier way to restore the apps?

Is there any way to recover the apps?
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try enabling, then disabling parental controls. I had the same problem, and this fixed it.
  3. areo

areo New Member

Thanks!!!

That worked! Thanks!!!
  4. jordbrett

jordbrett New Member

Wow I was having that problem too and it worked for me....But how the hell did you figure that out?!
  5. xxikkzxx

xxikkzxx New Member

what do you mean... on the computer or the iphone

i have a iphone 3G firmware 2.2, jailbroken and everything but after installing apps via Cydia, they dont show... also i cant find apps like Winnterboard in Cyder or Installer

helpppppp
  6. cc211

cc211 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    he means on the iphone. go to settings\general\restrctions. from there, enable and disable restrictions. i had the same problem. it worked for me.
  7. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Or make them visible by using Poof (;