Apps ( ipa)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gunzzcannon, Mar 30, 2010.

?

Should Apple manufacture a small portable camera especially for iPod Touch?

1. YES!!!

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Naaa....

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Buy an iPhone.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. i dont know?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gunzzcannon

Gunzzcannon New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi,

Does anyone know a way to change the "Get Info" fields for .ipa files, i.e. iPod Games and iPhone and iTouch Apps?

The fields are set by the developer and locked. As a result, they are screwing up my anally organised Genre choices

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I want to remove the Genre settings from these files altogether.

Many thanks! Help much appreciated.
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Well, I votes Yes because I would want one. The problem is, this will more than likely never happen. If there was a small camera that connects to the iPod, there would have to be some sort of software for it to work. Apple would not develop that software because they want to publicize the iPhone as much as possible. I don't think the iPod Touch will EVER have a camera.
  3. br0adband

br0adband New Member

The next gen iPod touch will undoubtedly have a camera, they're too popular not to add one these days. Nobody ever expected one in the latest nanos but, there they are (caveat: it's a video camera, not a still photo camera, but it's there just the same).

It's widely understood (but not well explained, oddly) that while the "hole" in the circuitry is there in the 3rd gen iPod touches (meaning the space for a camera to fit), something happened during the late stages of development for the 3rd gen models and they had to scrap the plans to put a cam in.

There'll be one in the 4th gen iPod touches, that's practically guaranteed nowadays. They might also finally open up the 11n wireless potential as well as unlock the FM radio and maybe, just maybe on a really really cold day in Hell--- errr... Cupertino, they might even enable the FM transmitter.

We've seen stranger things happen.
  4. geeza23

geeza23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i'd rather a support for the micro-sim that the ipad has for 3g data streaming as ipod touch without internet on the go and constantly having to rely on wifi is really bad and a built in microphone too would be good,i'd rather these two features combined than a camera
    i'm sure most people here that own an ipod touch means that they have a phone which leads to then a camera personally i have a nokia n85 and i'm happy with its camera just a bit annoyed at times at the ipod touch's lack of 3g internet like the ipad's
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm confused as to the relevance of the title, OPs post and the poll... meh... whatever

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This makes Jo sense
  7. Gunzzcannon

Gunzzcannon New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ur all supposed to speak abt the App thing. when the prob is solved, then talk abt the camera
  8. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    What the hell has the poll got to do with the thread?

And as far as I can think of, the genre info (although I don't see why you need to change it) is locked by the DRM. And here on iPtF, you don't touch the DRM on IPAs.