Apps install quicker my ass!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by benzin711, Sep 12, 2008.

1. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I read that after iTunes 8.0 and FW 2.1, apps would install quicker. Well, seems like its as slow as, or slower than 2.0.x. Can someone shed some light onto this?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Are you Jailbroken? Because apps install in several seconds rather than Several minutes for me now. Same goes for Updating. (This is all through iTunes installing and updating Apps to the iPod Touch. Mac OS X 10.5.4, iTunes 8, iPod Touch 16 GB Firmware 2.1)
  3. PVGuero

PVGuero New Member

Are you jailbroken or legal 2.1?
  4. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    wow...
    it's so much faster imo.
  5. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes I'm jailbroken and have a legal version of 2.1 (got it directly from iTunes).
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well obviously. If you've used the Jailbreak provided here, it uses the old 2.0.2 *Hacked* MobileInstallation Framework. So of COURSE it'll be slower.
  7. Babolatpdtp

Babolatpdtp New Member

That's why its slower...The new "jailbreak" uses files from the old 2.0.2 firmware, therefore you are not getting the fix for speedy app install. Wait for the dev team to release their version, not the new one that just came out in a GUI
  8. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ahhhhhhh, well that sucks. I guess I'll just stick with it until a more profound jailbreak is made, then I'll redo it.
  9. PVGuero

PVGuero New Member

In one of the other threads some (who knows alot more than me) said the sluggishness in installing appz in this rushed jailbroken 2.1 method was due to the 2.0.2 MobileInstallation file used to jailbreak 2.1. A modified MobileInstallation file should be along in a few days...One of the pitfalls of rushing to jailbreak...
  10. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I knew it seemed a bit fishy when the instructions said to use the previous MobileInstallation framework.

Anyway, screw this jailbreak, I'm going stock. Main reason I wanted to jailbreak this version right away is because of categories, but it doesn't work for 2.1 yet.