Apps in 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by yansville, Jan 28, 2008.

1. yansville

yansville New Member

I have learned that in 1.1.3 programs are not allowed access to the root/var/media file, and I was wondering if on the books app I could change the path of where it reads the from so that it would be able to show them in 1.1.3, if anyone knows how to edit this program to recieve books from a diffrent file I would appriciate it! This may also be useful for many apps as we progress into 1.1.3! Thanks
  2. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not sure, but would like to know if the books app and the weDict app is working in 1.1.3. Also is the converter app, pdf viewer working. I have not went to 1.1.3 yet. These apps are important to me. I can live for a while with the ugly dock and no custom background. There was a list of working apps, but it was not stickied so I'm not sure if it is accurate or updated. Would be nice to get a sticky list of working apps and fixes for apps that can be made to work with an edit.
  3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. yansville

yansville New Member

I know that the book app works, but it will not show any books in the program because of the restricted access(that what I'm trying to fix). But the converter app works! I'm not sure about the rest...
  5. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    books are showing up fine for me. use the other thread linked above
  6. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey johnInSJ when did you become a mod?
    The list needs to be stickied. Because it is not, it may not be up to date and those apps listed may be listed as not working because of the type of jb used or vise versa.
  7. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1.1.3 doesnt block access to var/root/media. every app ive downloaded that uses var/root/media (emulators, doom, pocketguitar, etc) all work perfectly. the only difference between the var/root/media folder on 1.1.3 and the one on 1.1.2 is that your media isnt stored there anymore. its stored in var/mobile/media.
  8. kegansjack

kegansjack New Member

it would be great if someone made an updated list of compatible 1.1.3 programs because i was sad to find out how little worked, and its a hassle to check all of the programs i love every other day to see if they have been updated