Apps from App Store Crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by retardo110, Sep 2, 2008.

1. retardo110

retardo110 New Member

I have no idea whats wrong with my iPod but for some reason when i download an app from app store but when i sync it the apps start crashing and I have to redownlaod all the apps. Any ideas on whats wrong?
  2. DarkStar211

DarkStar211 New Member

This happened to me, i took fof all my appstore apps, used bosspres 2 fix the uer directories, resetted and then reinstalled them. Hopefully that will work for you.
  3. retardo110

retardo110 New Member

Hmm.. i already had boss prefs and boss tool before i downloaded all these apps from app store and i moved the apps before i downloaded the apps so i duno i dont think it would change anything. thanks though
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

By 'moved' the apps, do you mean you uninstalled them from the iPod and unsynced them from iTunes, just unsynched from iTunes, or used the "Move Applications" option in BossTools? Because, y'know, Cydia moves the applications folder for jailbroken applications ONLY - and it does it when it's first installed.

May I suggest, if these are legitimately bought apps through the AppStore, that you unsync them all and then sync them onto the iPod one at a time? See which app is corrupted? Also, I'd suggest once you've unsynced all the applications so they're uninstalled, that you go via WinSCP or something into the /var/mobile/Applications folder and delete any folders you see in there, just to make sure there's no trash data causing the App Store apps to crash.
  5. karenw00

karenw00 New Member

Hi I just had the exact same problem. All app store apps crashing and no music. I tried DarkStar211's method and it worked!!
    Except there is one thing that he may have forgotten to mention...after bossprefs and reset, you HAVE to sync your iPod Touch with your computer. At least I had to for mine; otherwise all the apps I just deleted would come back again after a restart. After the sync though all of them were really gone and if you download them again, they should work. Good luck!!!