Apps for Wifi connectivity

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by amadcow, May 29, 2009.

1. amadcow

amadcow New Member

Are there any apps available that helps with connecting to wifi networks and such? Since I live in an urban area, there are networks everywhere but the touch doesn't seem to have the greatest connectivity.

Also I can't seem to break more than 1200 kbps in bandwidth speed according to WiFi Speed Meter on http://www.apple.com/webapps/index_top.html.

Are there apps which make wifi connectivity easier and more configurable? Also are there apps similar to netstumbler and wireshark on the ipod touch?
  2. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    amadcow, it depends on the strength of the router, some are very good, others are a bit slow, and they only have a certain connection range...if you're too far from the router itself, you're either gonna have very poor connection, or none at at all.

I'm not sure if there is an app to assist, if so, that would be very good... and I would also like to know what it is
  3. amadcow

amadcow New Member

4. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeah, I don't know...I just know it depends on the connection.

My buddy came over one time to my place and was messing with my iPod, he asked if he can use the internet, I said sure and the first thing he said was "Damn, you got a good connection, mine is slow as hell".....I got Verizon Fios, it's the bomb