apps downloading slow

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dodge69440, Jan 27, 2008.

1. dodge69440

dodge69440 New Member

ok i have a few problems
    1st. installer downloads download slow then most of the time the server times out
    2nd. installer refreshes sources VERY SLOW
    3rd. some of the iphone apps i got dont work sometimes.....ex. when i click weather and it starts updating the weather...it fails to update
    could this be because of repo.us.to being down???????

plz help...thx

BTW im on a 16 gb ipod touch
  2. dodge69440

dodge69440 New Member

i also just tried to update to the new version of installer....but while slowly downloading an error popped up saying that the download failed due to server timing out
  3. Young Spade

Young Spade New Member

You don't think that your internet connection might just be really slow at some times?
  4. dodge69440

dodge69440 New Member

yea i thought that at first, but then i realized why would my laptop 2 floor above the router in the basement get an excellent connection.
    Another weird thing happening now is that if i try to download it, it wont download AT ALL unless the touch is inches away from the router. i think thats ridiculous because my room is 2 stories above...and if i want to download a package i shouldnt hav to be inches away from my router...
    any suggestions?????????
  5. Gonger

Gonger New Member

2 stories above might be kinda far. try it at 1 floor away and see if its works better. you dont have to be 2 inches away
  6. dodge69440

dodge69440 New Member

now i just updated installer. yet it still says i need to update it???????????....i downloaded a theme for summerboard..but when dowwnloading i had to have the touch almost touching the router for it to download AND it downloaded in 15 MINTUES.. RIDICLOUS..........and sometimes when i try to download packages it says "download failed; the host could not be found" ,,,,, im thinking maybe if i uninstall installer then re-installed it that it would work.
  7. SD Max

SD Max New Member

I am having the same problem. Installer takes forever (5-7 mins) to refresh and all apps take at least 30-45 seconds to download a 100kb file. I am 3 feet away from my router. and both my computers that are10 feet from the routers download a 3 meg mps in 10 secs...
  8. dodge69440

dodge69440 New Member

i think ill just re-jailbeak my touch and see what happens.....anyway thanks to everyone that tried to help.......ill post a reply after i re-do the jailbreak
  9. monse

monse Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ARGH!
    It is so frustrating!
    My ipod was just working GREAT, having it jailbreken on 1.1.3, and with all my applications running smoothly except for Books.
    So I came up to the forum today and found out I had to change books to 755, and so I did, but I forgot to RESTART my ipod and... well..
    I had to restore it because it got stuck >.<
    And now, here I am, trying to get it to 1.1.3 again to download ALL of my application for the 6th time or so, and 1.1.1 was workin great, but when I am on 1.1.2 installer is super slow and it seems that is not downloading at all, even though it advances a little.
    I am trying to download BSD Subsystem which is 5.1MB, and what usually took a bit of seconds is taking more than half hour and it hasn't even reached the n in downloading!

And so, I restored my ipod (again) and once again the same thing came up. I tried restarting my ipod, turning off and on the wifi, well... just about everything I could think of...
    but now?
    And the sad part is I have a great connection to safari, and I am able to browse the internet like a bullet on my laptop.

Sorry of this is so long, but if there is a solution or if I am doing something wrong.. could someone help me out... please?

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. strany

strany New Member

I have the same problem, Safarie goes lovely, but downloading sucks

Please Register or Log in to view images

If anybody have advice, write me please there: strany@seznam.cz

Many thanks for any advice