Apps Don't Work

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by -Kerrigan-, Nov 27, 2008.

1. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When I click on my apps, the screen goes to the app for a moment and then goes to home. I fixed it by deleting and downloading the app again. But after a few days it just came back in a few days. Is there any permanant way to fix this, or at least a way that doesn't involve Wi-Fi?
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

try resyncing
    or resetting settings
  3. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know this is an old topic, but the problem has come up again, and it doesn't work. I've tried many methods. Any ideas?
  4. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You tried a restore?
  5. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I don't really want to try that until I have to. It's my last resort, since I have ALOT of stuff on here, and only two of my apps (Fieldrunners and Touchgrind) don't work.
  6. OCP

OCP Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Having the same issue, no clue how to fix

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I was forced to delete the apps that didn't work and reinstall them again. But I lost all my awesome fieldrunner scores xD I hope Apple fixes this in the next update since there is no easy fix.
  8. sconethief

sconethief Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    THat's because for some reason feildrunners scores save in an odd way.. after restore all my apps had the scores except fieldrunners :O
  9. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think there is a reason for this happening. For me, all the apps that suddenly don't work are the ones that I recently (like 2 hours ago) played and then exited out really quickly without playing the game for more than like 10 minutes. It might be a reason. What do you think?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I came up with another theory. All the apps that don't work belong to my friend's account. Maybe it has something to do with switching accounts and stuff? So when I delete one of my friends apps and reinstall it, everything works again. I think I may have found the real solution

10. Starkey

Starkey New Member

It happened to me, well a little differently, as in as soon as i opened an app it closed while it was loading. I downloaded a new app, ran it, then the old ones all worked fine. I guess you've already tried to sync it but try that first if you've not.

Good luck