Apps dont close and player slow

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Noogums, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My ipod has been acting weird. ever since i jailbroke 3.0, when i try to close apps by just pressing the home button they dont seem to close. They dont do that little minimizing animation thing. they just sit there frozen for a couple seconds and just crash. i notice it a lot with games. ill be playing, then stop what im doing in the game and when i close it it gets very slow then just crashes. why is this?!

Also, my ipod app seems very very slow lately. mainly while skipping songs. it takes a while to update the song info and AA. And i have tried freeing the memory with the "FreeMemory" app AND sbsettings. Freeing with either one doesnt fix any of my problems.

BTW- i refuse to restore and re jailbreak.
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, same here. I have no idea why, maybe they disabled minimizing animations?
  3. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is it the 3.0 FW that makes it do this? or did we muff something up?
  4. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    jailbroken, probably running winterboard. probably running MS extensions. you are running the latest and greatest firmware meant for more powerful devices, the 1g is the weakest device, tied with the iphone 1g. on top of that you are jailbbroken and running additional things. you are putting a lot of weight on its shoulders. basically you are asking it to do to much. try shutting off winterboard and ms extensions and see how the outcome changes.
  5. ipodtouchfan78

ipodtouchfan78 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i would call apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. briankh

briankh Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure that it's jailbreaking that caused it. I'm having the same type of problems on a non-jailbroken 2g touch with 3.0 firmware.

I'll quit applications, especially ones that use video, and the sound will keep playing like the app didn't close properly. Apps are slower in general. There's even a delay when I'm typing which is extremely annoying. Also noticed that the wifi stops working even though it's showing full signal. I turn it off and back on and it's fine again for a while.

Did anyone else notice that you can't hold the home button for 10 seconds to clear the memory anymore? It used to close whatever app you were in and it seemed to speed things up a bit when it was sluggish. Now I have to turn the entire system off.

I'm seriously thinking of going back to to the old firmware until a patch or two come out.
  7. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So this looks to be just a 3.0 problem...dang.

And its not struggling. ive checked my memory a couple times while using my ipod after launching a lot of apps- through sb settings and the free memory app (i trust free memory more) But both have said that i've had no less than 29MB.

its not the device. Oh well. its not like its unusable. its just slightly irritating.

8. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's true, but the way you say it, it really hurts.
  9. Blackholesun

Blackholesun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple has changed the way to close the apps with OS 3.0. Now instead of holding the home button for few seconds to close the app do the following:-

1. Make sure the app window is visible.
    2. Hold the power button till it shows the Red Button saying slide to power off
    3. Now hold the Home button for few seconds. After some time (average 5 to 6 seconds) the application will be closed and the control returns to the Home screen.

You can check that the application is really gone with the help of application like System Info or Memory Status etc.

Note: I have iPod Touch 2G with OS 3.0 but the procedure should be same for iPhone also.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That is untrue. The iPhone has a faster processor than the iPod touch 1G, though the iPod touch 2G has a faster processor than the iPhone 3G.

Definitely try to live without Winterboard (uninstall it) and even SBSettings and all of the toggles. Graphic intensive games use up a lot of memory and processing power; add to that push and a few daemons and your experience will be pretty sucky.