Apps disapearing from the appstore

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by verboten, Aug 1, 2008.

1. verboten

verboten New Member

This is really pissing me off. First Netshare and now BoxOffice. Does anyone know of a list of removed apps?

Here is the link found on google to BoxOffice, but when I click it, it tells me
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284939567&mt=8

Your request could not be completed

The item you've requested is not currently available in the US store.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT:

Found this post

I'm the developer of BoxOffice.

Apple pulled the app yesterday without giving my any notification that they were doing it, or what their justification was for removing it.

I've tried to contact them about the issue, but it's been a complete dead end. If anyone has a useful contact number for apple, please let me know.

I'm in regular contact with all my data providers, and none of them have had an issue with my app. Indeed, the response was the exact opposite. They like my app and have even asked if i would do custom application work for them in the future. Furthermore, all the data i use is licensed by the owners as 'free for non commercial use'. i.e. precisely what BoxOffice is.

So i'm stuck here not knowing what has happened, or what i can do about it. If any of you have any ideas, please let me know. You can respond here, but i'd actually appreciate a reply at cyrusn@stwing.upenn.edu since i probably won't check back here that often.

Thanks!
  2. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Apple is just having it's "Time of the week" visit from Aunt Rose...

Maybe BoxOffice was taking contact information and sending it unencrypted to servers without asking us...
  3. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The devs should start trying to PHONE the Apple guys... They just use email to communicate but most got a reply on the phone faster..
  4. wowow

wowow New Member

Netshare APPEARS on appstore again