Apps deleted!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by webz888, Oct 21, 2008.

1. webz888

webz888 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here's a rundown of what happened to me:
    1) I tried to sync my apps with itunes 8.0. It said it was copying my apps to the computer, but I don't think it ever did. (I bought all of my apps on my ipod itself, not thru itunes)
    2) I canceled a (general?) sync with itunes.
    3) Some icons were blank on my ipod, so I turned it off and back on again.
    4) On reboot, all of my app store apps were gone. I checked the Applications folder with SSH and it's empty. All that's left are the basic apps (weather, stocks, etc) and my jailbroken apps.

I have a first gen ipod touch, 16gb, 2.1, jailbroken.

What should I do? Is there anything I can do for that matter? Thanks in advance.
  2. joeyiscool

joeyiscool Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sounds like your screwed man....sorry.
  3. gumbi

gumbi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    your itunes account will have receipts. just redownload the apps you bought, you shouldn't be charged.
  4. webz888

webz888 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can definitely download them again for free... the only problem is that when I try to download them again, it gives me an error message: "Unable to Download Application: <app name> will be available for download when you log in to the Itunes Store on your computer. (Done) (Retry). I am logged in on both my ipod and on itunes. I tried syncing my apps, and it successfully backs them up from my ipod to itunes (I can download apps that I haven't before, just not the ones I originally had). However, when it tries to transfer purchases, the progress bar stays almost at 0 while it runs through the list of apps - is it doing nothing? How can I get my old apps to download again?

p.s. None of my apps are cracked.
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Unsync all the apps in iTunes, if any are synced. Apply. Resync apps one at a time. Maybe do a full restart as well, as sometimes the App Store download error occurs as the install screwed up and it'll only resume after a reset.