apps crashing randomly

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by midiman6, Oct 14, 2007.

1. midiman6

midiman6 New Member

so I have a jailbroken ipod (of course) and I have a bunch of programs on there--summerboard, installer, iphone apps, etc.

anyway for the past few days I have been going into just random apps (even original touch programs) and after about 30 seconds of using them (they work btw) they close and go right back to the home screen, then i go into a different app and 20 seconds later same thing happens. Then I would go into like the music player and same thing happens, then the home screen flashes black and goes back to the "slide to unlock" part. This is a really strange problem I have no idea why it's tweaking out. My only suspicion is perhaps the summerboard alpha.
  2. pchuownsu

pchuownsu New Member

mine seems to be working fine
  3. midiman6

midiman6 New Member

ok sorry I didn't clarify this more...It works great MOST OF THE TIME. This only happens once in a while. I have no idea, once I reboot the touch it works fine again, but then happens again in a few hours.

Anybody have an idea?
  4. hixproductions

hixproductions New Member

Yah my Touch has the same problem but when i restart it it seens to go away!!! i has to do with springboard ( because with out it all my app's work great )
  5. flash84x

flash84x New Member

i am having the same issue, i noticed it a lot more when i installed summerboard
  6. sakya

sakya New Member

Same for me - seems to be coherent with Summerboard -- after I deinstalled Summerboard I've never had any crashes...
  7. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have the latest SummerBoard and all works fine, even after a few hours...

You should try uninstalling it, and if that doesn't work, restore and stick with Trip1PogoStick until SummerBoard has been updated.

It may be that an application you have installed is conflicting with SummerBoard.
  8. flash84x

flash84x New Member

i think pogostick is interfering with mine... summer board doesnt scroll vertically, it flips pages horizontally with mine (i thought this was a feature of pogostick not summerboard)
  9. adamsweeting

adamsweeting New Member

Do you have to uninstall pogo if you have summerboard installed?

Coz I've got both on my touch, and apps are crashing now and again.
  10. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

uninstall it you dont need it