apps change price !!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smil3z, Dec 3, 2009.

1. smil3z

smil3z New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i hate the fact that whenever i buy a new game/app on the appstore, a week later or so the apps either going for free or at a reduced price.

soooo anoying!!

why do develpoers do this to there customers?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It's called a sale, there doesn't have to be an actual motive behind it. Could be to promote their app; people get it free, people MAY make reviews on it, other people read/watch the review and then they may want to get the app.
  3. smil3z

smil3z New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    but usually a 'sale' begins when a product is first sold. for the consumer (me and you) we are getting apps for an increased price then a week or so later it goes down.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And what does that teach you? Patience is a virtue. Wait for the App to drop in price. The "Full Price" is for the people who want to get it the first day. For those who have no patience and want it now.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, a reduced price in the beginning is to promote their app. When have you ever seen an iPod on sale before it's actual price? Never.

If an app gets a price reduction, it's most likely cause there is something out there competing against them so they lower the price to get more sales, or they created a newer version of the app so they reduce the older version. Or simply, the price is too high, no one wants to buy it so they reduce it to make more sales.
  6. smil3z

smil3z New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    that actually makes sense.. didn't think off it like that.
    but Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of this

And it was so disapointing
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, Metal Gear Solid went down a lot, from $5.99 to $0.99. I picked it up at $0.99

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I believe Konami made all their games $0.99 for a certain period. Possible for Thanksgiving/Black Friday.
  8. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This reminds me of the ps3 launch where people would pay 2000 dollars on ebay for one just to have it first. If i want an app i usually see if there is a lite version to test it out and keep me hungover until it goes on sale
  9. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    And the developers know that those eager to buy on the first day will pay whatever price.
  10. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, I have been "guilty" of such things before... I have seen some great apps that cost quite a bit (above US$4.99, converted to around MYR17.00) and purchased those almost immediately but regretted one week later when the price came down...

The only positive is that I at least got to enjoy that particular app a week in advance...

Please Register or Log in to view images