Apps cause springboard crash?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lifeoftheparty2121, Jun 12, 2010.

1. lifeoftheparty2121

lifeoftheparty2121 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, as the title says, whenever i try to put new apps on my ipod touch, it crashes the springboard, also happens when i try update via wifi, but not when i update on my computer and then sync. the only think i can think of that i did before it started and after it started is optimize themes in winterboard..
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Did you install Iconoclasm or some other springboard mod? They cause it more than WinterBoard does.
  3. lifeoftheparty2121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes but i had iconoclasm for atleast 3 weeks before it started.
  4. Jarlath

Iconoclasm, at least up to 1.50, has caused some issues with SpringBoard with resprings. Are you using the latest version? I've heard there are a few crashes with that, but it's better than the endless safe mood reboots others had with 1.4.x
  5. lifeoftheparty2121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ahh i had 1.4.1 installed and i uninstalled it and its fixed! thankyou so much! although i still dont understand what caused it to start doing it when it had been fine for weeks before that =/
  6. Jarlath

Any respiring can cause it - but Iconoclasm kept bugging out changing themes or whenever the cache got touched. You were probably just lucky up until now, or you installed another SB mod that clashed.