AppPack on several iPods.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by lasttouch, Jan 23, 2008.

1. lasttouch

lasttouch New Member

according to this message the apppack can be used on several iPods. it can be installed on every connected ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

http://www.mactechnews.de/news/index.html?id=140059
  2. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ouch, is it in German or Deutch? Can't understand it. Can you translate the article for us?
  3. lasttouch

lasttouch New Member

sure, but not a "1to"1 translation:

A reader of mactechnews.de told them, that the AppPack - including Stocks, Maps, Mail, Notes and Weather - can be uses on several iPods after you bought it. The packet can not only be installed once, but on every connected iPod Touch. Unclear is if this is legal or not.
  4. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's what I assumed. There is no limit to the number of iPods you can install the software on. That's good news for those who own 2 Touches, or an iPhone and a Touch, you only need to buy an app once, and it will copy to all compatible devices that you have synced with your Library. Legal? Probably not. But it's unlikely that this will lead to widespread piracy, so there's no reason for Apple to lock software to one particular device.
  5. acfusion29

acfusion29 New Member

I did this with my friend, and split the cost 50/50

$10 for the App Pack

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh, and I don't think you have to pay for the iPhone update, only iPod touch's.
  6. rome2ng

rome2ng New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    do they have any instruction of how you are going to do that ?
  7. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Right. But there will be lots more apps that both iPhone and Touch users will be able to buy come next month.
  8. acfusion29

acfusion29 New Member

The only way I figured out how to do it was to backup my iPod and restore it.

Then, restore my friends iPod and when it asks which settings to restore, I hit Alex's iPod (which is mine), and the apps were there.

P.S. I'll be making a new thread in about 2 seconds, I think I got the apps for free.